Saturday, April 20, 2013

April Drabble Warriors Are Here!


Hello again Drabble Lovers!

We are five days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants  This month we have a mano a mano between two amazing authors and we are pretty excited for you to read their stories! So, let's get to meet them, shall we?

These questions were submitted by member of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to: Leigh, Samantha, Christina, Loopy, Kris, Ana and Audrey for submitting a question, we wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't. Thank you for submitting and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble.

So, let's meet our warriors participating in this month's duel, the two have participated before and are now returning for another battle of the words, here they are... MonaRider and krazi4TwiSaga!



1. How did you discovered fanfiction? What was the fist ff you ever read? 

Mona: Oh man, how I came to be here? A girl I know was like you must read Twilight, I did, loved it. Read them all and then was like, it's not enough. I found this fic called, Last Love Found by Oracle. There were many other fics, but this one got me hooked. I love it.

Krazi: I discovered fanfiction from my friends on twitter... Umm... I'll Be Your Lover Too by EdwardsBloodType. She's the one who started it all for me. Then TaraSueMe sealed the deal. 



2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction?
Mona: My ideas, are one of a kind, odd and weird. I showed a few 'friends' what I had, they of course loved it. But, my grammar stinks. -shrugs-

Krazi: I was obsessed with Twilight, and I was reading a story that I was reading ended and left me wanting more, so I decided if I wanted more, I should write it myself. Lol.



3. How long have you been part of the fandom? If you have been part of this for awhile how do you feel about the changes? 

Mona: I've been around since the beginning of 09 and it's been amazing. I don't feed into the drama and never have gotten into the politics/popular crowd. Fly low and you squeak by.

Krazi: I've been a part of the fandom for three years now. Changes... let me just say that I've been lucky in that none of my stories have ever been pulled, but we're all adults here... if you don't like it don't read it, or fix it where underaged readers can't get in.



4. How is the writing process different for full length vs. drabble?

Mona: I hardly ever write a full length, I have ADD. I forget halfway thru what I'm writing. NEVER will I attempt that. -shakes head and runs-

Krazi: For me it's harder to write drabbles than full-length fics. One would think that writing shorter chapters would be easier, but for me... it's not.



5. How hard is it not to write more that the expected word count in a chapter for a Drabble? 

Mona: Not too bad, I am good at keeping it short and sweet.

Krazi: Extremely! I'm so into giving detail normally, and with drabbles you can just skip all that and get to the point, but, sadly, I don't always do it.



6. Do you write off the cuff, or are your stories outlined and well thought out? 

Mona: Cuff, always the cuff. I'm crazy like that.

Krazi: I'm definitely off the cuff! It's a terrible habit that I am trying to break, but I find it difficult to write an outline and stick to it. Lol.



7. What is your source for inspiration when writing a story? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life? 

Mona: It's usually just seeing, hearing things that get me into the mood. like hearing a song and seeing my characters come alive with it. Or seeing a image that just clicks.

Krazi: Anything and everything... Sometimes it may be a movie or a song, or maybe just a story that I've already read, and want to see the characters go in a different direction without discrediting the original authors POV or choices.



8. Where do you get your inspiration when writing a lemon? And which point of view [guy vs. girl] do you prefer to write them in?

Mona: -shifty- I don't write lemons. -hears boos and backs away- I'm horrible at the sexy parts.  

Krazi: I am a lemon whore, and I love to make them as juicy as possible, sue me! Lol! I write them in whoever has the mic at the time. I'm afraid I'll suck at third person pov, but I do want to try it in the future.



9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why? 

Mona: I have so many in the works or published on FF, but it would have to be a sci-fi one, love the unknown and crazy.

Krazi: Well, I would have to say, my story Cockiness, which unfortunately has not been uploaded yet. And I would take on the role of Bella... be on the look out! It's coming soon!!!!



10. What writer (FF or OF) do you look up to? And what would you ask them if you met them? 

Mona: Ugh, this one is like horrible. I don't want to meet many of people, never even thought of it. I know how rude of me, but it's the truth. Why be fake and name someone and know it will never happen? I have girls I'd love to meet if the opportunity arose, and they know who they are.

Krazi: Umm... that's a tough one! I have too many to choose just one! Lol.



11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry... What inspired you to write it?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9213917/1/Exiled
Story Title: Exiled
Category: Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Fandom: Twilight
Pairing: Edward/Bella

Summary: Tragedy, love and loss can either break or make a person. This is the story about the Swan and her struggles with what's right and wrong, but nothing is ever black and white.



Mona: Exiled, is a Amishy-like story with the hills have eyes sort of crazy horrory-ness. Make any sense, nope. My banner is by Jessay's Graphics, who graciously let me adopt it and put it to work for this. Also for her letting me keep the titled as she used as is. It was perfect.



~ * ~

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9218205/1/If-Only-for-One-Night
Story Title: If Only for One Night
Category: Angst/Hurt/Comfort

Fandom: Twilight
Pairing: Edward/Bella

Summary: What if by signing away your soul to the devil, you were given a shot at happiness? Would you take it? A lonely and lost young girl with nothing to lose and everything to gain, and a cynical and bitter older man who thought money could, should, and would buy him everything.

Krazi: This was originally a Happy Birthday one-shot written especially for a gal, who's a sucker for a sweet romance with happily-ever-afters, and no stones left unturned, my pre-reader and friend Kasi aka TeamAllTwilight! Uhh... it's a weeee bit late, but the sentiment is still there.



12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one? 

Mona: I have, many times. I gained a following among the drabble community and love everyone of you silly, wacky, stalkery girls. mwauh. -blows kisses-

Krazi: Yes, this will be my second time! I've gained a lot of new readers! And I will definitely do it again, and again, and again!



THE BATTLE HAS BEGUN, DRABBLE LOVERS! 

Be sure to leave them some love... and remember the golden rule, if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. These authors are providing FREE entertainment for you... appreciate it!

NOW GO READ, REVIEW AND RECOMMEND!

HAPPY DRABBLE WAR WEEKEND EVERYONE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash