Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March Author Interview II: WeeKittyAndTAT

Hello again Drabble Lovers!

We are four days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants  We have quite the variety in stories and we hope you all enjoy them.

These questions were submitted by members of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to: Leigh, Samantha, Christina, Loopy, Kris, Ana and Audrey for submitting. We wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't. Thank you for participating and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble.

Today we have two warriors for the price of one, and it's their first time in this battle of the words, so let's give up for the lovely Kasi and Nikky, known as WeeKittyAndTAT!



1. How did you discovered fanfiction? What was the fist ff you ever read?
Kasi: found fan fiction from the friend who introduced her to the Twilight Saga and first fan fic I read was Wide Awake.

Nikky: I stumble upon it by accident when I was searching for Twilight stuff. The first fan fiction stories I read was Wide Awake and My Sisters 3.


2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction?

Kasi: ButterflyBetty and Jess2002 Both telling me to give it a try that I could do it.

Nikky: I wanted to give writing a shot, so I started writing A Year Of Hell and was ready to throw in the towel and give up by the second or thrid chapter, something made me contact Kasi and ask her for pointers and help, from there I found the ability to tell a story and someone to help me find the flow I needed.


3. How long have you been part of the fandom? If you have been part of this for awhile how do you feel about the changes?

Kasi: 3 years, and the changes have been big in some cases anyway. I think the growth has been OUTSTANDING, however some of the hatred is unsettling.

Nikky: almost 3 years, too. Some of the changes are good, some not so good. I think the writers need to have a bigger voice and not have such a small percent of people trash them down. Writing is a form of expression and sometimes a small percent can hold you back.


4. How is the writing process different for full length vs. drabble? 
The writing process that Nikky and I (Kasi) use together is not much different at all. We talk over ideas and Nikky writes things out how she sees it and I go through it re-write, tweak and move stuff around. In a drabble we write it out as one big one shot first and then go in and split the chapters. I guess it is not the typical drabble fic in that case but we have enjoyed the 2 we have written.


5. How hard is it not to write more that the expected word count in a chapter for a Drabble? 
When we get down to splitting things it is sometime difficult--especially for me (Kasi)--I tend to be wordy.


6. Do you write off the cuff, or are your stories outlined and well thought out? 
I would say that with every story we have written together that in most cases we are off the cuff writers.


7. What is your source for inspiration when writing a story? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life? 
Kasi: Imagination and a little of all of the above.

Nikky: The same as Kasi really, but I would say once I get a plot idea in my head I run through it a few times and then go to Kasi and we skype it out and from there we sort of build together.


8. Where do you get your inspiration when writing a lemon? And which point of view [guy vs. girl] do you prefer to write them in?

Kasi: I write 90% of our lemons in every story, and I would say when I write a lemon it is a little life experience  fantasy, other books and fics I have read and a good healthy libido. As for what POV i prefer to write in it depends upon what story I am working on, however for some reason I have always been able to channel Edward's POV easier when writing anything.


9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why?
Kasi: I think I would have to say His Cimmerian View and I see myself more of the Zafrina character.

Nikky: Diamond Doll's Kitty Cave, and Bella because I love her sassiness and how she is so out going, shoots from the hip, isn't afraid to say exactly what is on her mind.

10. What writer (FF or OF) do you look up to? And what would you ask them if you met them? 
Kasi: My favorite author has pretty much always been Jackie Collins, and I think I would want to know how much of her stories about Hollywood are based off of stuff she has witnessed herself. As for fan fiction there are so very many talented writers and the list of my favorites is so long it would take days to read the list.

Nikky: There are a lot of authors I look up to, both on and off FFN. Kasi would be at the top of the list but that is more because I work well with her and I know that she would tell me the ugly truth about stuff if need be. Writing alone is great and works well for many people, but the truth is when you find yourself writing with someone and the stories always seem to write themselves you really have a good thing going. Working together for us is as easy as breathing.


11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Pairing, Title, Summary. What inspired you to write it?

www.fanfiction.net/s/9090668/1/Underground-Fight-for-Love
Fandom: Twilight,

Pairing: Edward and Bella,

Title: Underground Fight for Love

Summary: When seventeen-year-old Bella is kidnapped while out with Alice Cullen—she taken as a prize to be awarded the winner of an underground fighting tournament. Will Alice’s adopted brother be the unlikely hero to save the day? 

This story was completely Nikky's baby and she asked me if I was willing to work on with her and I agreed because well I love writing with Nikky.


12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one?
No we haven't and we have so many projects on the line right now it is hard to say if we will do another one anytime soon.



Thanks to Kasi and Nikky for answering all the questions, and don't forget to put these two amazing authors in your alerts so you don't miss out on reading this interesting drabble!

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave us a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash