Thursday, March 14, 2013

March Author Interview III: Hismysticmuse


Hello again Drabble Lovers!

It is almost time for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants  We have quite the variety in stories and we hope you all enjoy them.

These questions were submitted by members of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to: Leigh, Samantha, Christina, Loopy, Kris, Ana and Audrey for submitting. We wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't. Thank you for participating and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble.

Today we have another new warrior, it's her first time in this battle of the words, so let's give up for... Hismysticmuse!



1. How did you discover fanfiction? What was the first ff you ever read? 
I discovered Fanfiction in 2009 after one of my friends urged me to read The Red Line, but she had altered it by putting it in a word program and changed the names and certain scenes that she didn't like (LOL) so I didn't really know it was fanfiction until much later.  The first real FF I read was Wide Awake

2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction? 
After I read Twilight, I really got into writing. I wrote an 80k word rambling Sci Fi story but was too nervous to take the next step in publishing, so I started writing small one-shots and such to try things out.


3. How long have you been part of the fandom? If you have been part of this for a while, how do you feel about the changes? 
I've been part of the Fandom since 2009... I think there's good and bad about the fandom but I have met some AMAZING people in the fandom and in RL so I have had a positive experience.


4. How is the writing process different for full length vs. drabble? 
 I've never written a drabble fic, but I find it easier. More opportunity to fade to black rather than creating filler.


5. How hard is it not to write more that the expected word count in a chapter for a Drabble?
HARD! I like to write so I often just go on and on and delete later! :)


6. Do you write off the cuff, or are your stories outlined and well thought out? 
I like to write off the cuff with a general idea of where I want to go with it. My stories are usually 3rd person so I don't have to deal with multiple POV's.


7. What is your source for inspiration when writing a story? Music lyrics?Movies? Real life? 
Most of my stories start with a prompt. They are never (hopefully) the usual romance. There's usually something mysterious/supernatural/ mythological in my stories.


8. Where do you get your inspiration when writing a lemon? And which point of view [guy vs. girl] do you prefer to write them in? 
I usually find inspiration off the web on various sites.. heh heh… and writing them in 3rd person.


9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why? 
Ooh… I would want to be Bella from It’s All Greek To Me since she gets her Adonis and gets to live in Mt.Olympus.


10. What writer (FF or OF) do you look up to? And what would you ask them if you met them?
Hmm.. Good Question.. TexasBella and BreathofTwilight are two of my favorites for lemony fun…  I would ask which scenario they would be a part of in their own stories..


11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry. What inspired you to write it?


Fandom: Twilight 
Pairing: Bella/Edward

Summary: Bored with her life in Forks, Bella gets Alice to work the season at the Renaissance Faire. Edward is forced into working the faire with his brothers, when he keeps seeing a petite woman around the faire, his attention is peaked. He begins a quest to woo the allusive fair maiden! 

I was inspired by a recent trip the AZ renaissance festival made me think it would be fun to work it, as I had heard they roam the country and have a blast during and after hours. I thought it would be a fun story to read/write.


12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one? 
This is my first one. I hope I do okay and peeps like it. Let's see how this one goes.



Thanks to Hismysticmuse for answering all the questions, and don't forget to put this amazing author in your alerts so you don't miss out on reading this interesting drabble!

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave us a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash