Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Drabble Warrior Interview I

Hello again Drabble Lovers!

We are just two days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants This month we have a five amazing authors and we are pretty excited for you to read their stories! So, let's get to meet the first one, shall we?

These questions were submitted by member of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question, we wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't. Thank you for submitting and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble. If you have a question you would like to ask a future warrior, pop in the group and leave a post.

So, let's meet the first warrior participating in this month's battle of the words, she has participated before and is now returning for another war, give it up for... Misfit Heartbreak!




1. What your favorite genre to read/write fanfiction?

I love to write romance and angst I think that when writing them it's more intense, and a lot realistic then any other genre. I love to read anything with a Darkward, Brokenward, or anything that "feels" real to me. I'm a very picky person when it comes to reading fanfiction it has to have a good plot and lemons in it, along with grammar, spelling, etc.


2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction?

After I read Twilight I all the sudden had a ideas for Bella and Edward what if she was this or what if this happened instead of this? I wrote over fifty pages in fanfiction alone, never posted any of it, instead I read fanfiction online and it went from there. After four years of reading I decided that I would finally attempt to write a fanfiction and that's how it happened.


3. Are you a one fandom only author/reader? If you are, would you be willing to read/write for another fandom? If you aren't, what other fandoms have you read and/or wrote for?

Nope, I've read pretty much anything I could get my hands on after I found out the FF.net didn't just have Maximum Ride on the site. I love to read Harry Potter slash, Lord of the rings, Maximum Ride, Hunger Games, True Blood, Twilight, X-Men, Percy Jackson, and Inuyasha.

I tried to write a Snarry and Drarry fic once *laughs while blushing* let's just say it sucked and I'll just let the professionals to their work.


4. What is your writing process for drabbles? Does it differ from full length fics? 

I have never, ever wrote a long length story always stuck with drabble style, it looks so crammed and sloppy when it looks full length it bugs the hell out of me. I normally write a thousand words or less then pick where I'll end it for a chapter and go from there.


5. Where do you take inspiration for your stories? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life?

Everything, music is mostly where I get my ideas for my stories take WFLID for example before it was an original story I listened to "We Found Love" for a whole week and decided to write a Bella and Edward pairing based on my experience and the song.


6. How do you get into the mood for writing? Where do you write? (paper, laptop, napkin, post it)

My mood for writing is any mood it just hits me and I let my hands/fingers do the writing for me I have no control over it.

I normally start on paper then type it up but if I do that then it between the two something happens and the things I wrote on paper won't be typed it will be different.


7. Is there any thing that helps to get you into the characters mind to write them?

Not really sometimes they scream, cuss, and rant about how I NEED to put them into the stories , or I listen to the song that's based off the stories. Other then that no.


8. How do you come up with the title for your story?

I mix albums, songs, and band names together or randomly pick a word and combine them together.


9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why?

I would love to become Bella from my story The Dark Side of Love, she's trying to figure out what the "Game" is and also struggling to find herself in the process and that's what I'm doing for myself at the moment, plus I would love to have a Darkward any day in my life.


10. Do you have a beta? If you do, what do expect from them? If you don't, why not?

No I currently do not have a Beta, if I did have one I would expect them to take the time and get to know me as a reader and writer instead of just here you go edit and give back person, I hate that some people do that to their Beta's it makes me think what if you were treated like that, I bet you would like it.


11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Title, Category, Pairing, Summary. What is it about? What can we expect from it?


THE LAST NIGHT

Fandom: Twilight
Pairing: Bella/Sam
Rated: M

Warning: Dark Themes, Not a Happily ever after.

Summary: Bella is on the verge of breaking apart into a million pieces,
after all being in a abusive home isn't what anyone wants to live.

What can you expect from it? Well you will need a tissue and some moment's you will be cheering other times you will want to kill a person or two. It is very angsty, dark, and the ending will make you wonder why. 


12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one?

I have participated it last year in May and loved it, I met amazing people and gained a lot of information about writing a drabble.

Yes I will be doing it again every month it just depends on RL and if the evil plot bunnies are plotting.


Thanks to Misfit for answering all the questions. Don't forget to put her on alerts and better start stocking up on tissues, seems like you are gonna need them.

Be sure to leave her some love in a review if you read her drabble... and remember the golden rule: If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. These authors are providing FREE entertainment for you... appreciate it!

Till next time,

~DW Administrators

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash