Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Drabble Warrior Interview IV


Hola Drabble Lovers!

We are just two days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants This month we have a five amazing authors and we are pretty excited for you to read their stories! So, let's get to meet the first one, shall we?

These questions were submitted by member of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question, we wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't.

Thank you for submitting and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble. If you have a question you would like to ask a future warrior, pop in the group and leave a post.

So, let's meet the next warrior participating in this month's battle of the words, she is popping her drabble cherry with us, go give up for... Lost In Fanfiction!




1. What your favorite genre to read/write fanfiction? 

I've read just about every genre, but I prefer romance, humor, drama and some angst.  


2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction? 

I had an idea and felt compelled to write it.  Also, I have had the support of many wonderful authors and readers.  That always helps.  


3. Are you a one fandom only author/reader? If you are, would you be willing to read/write for another fandom? If you aren't, what other fandoms have you read and/or wrote for? 

I'm a Twilight fandom girl.


4. What is your writing process for drabbles? Does it differ from full length fics?  

This is my first drabble.  I wrote it like a OS.  Full length fics, for the most part, are mapped out by chapter.


5. Where do you take inspiration for your stories? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life? 

Definitely real life.


6. How do you get into the mood for writing? Where do you write? (paper, laptop, napkin, post it)

I do my best thinking in the shower or while I'm driving long distances.  I can map out a whole chapter in one shower, but I have to write it down right away or I lose it.


7. Is there anything that helps to get you into the characters mind to write them? 

I'm in their head while I'm writing.  If I can't accomplish that on a given day, I don't write.  


8. How do you come up with the title for your story? 

It's usually based on an underlying theme in the story. 


9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why?  

Probably Liz in the Most Eligible Bachelor.  It would be fun to be a contestant on a dating reality show, but not have my heart on the line.


10. Do you have a beta? If you do, what do expect from them? If you don't, why not?

Yes, I've had a few amazing beta's.  In the beginning I needed encouragement and suggestions.  Now that I've got a few stories under my belt I want to be challenged by my betas.  I want to improve my writing. 


11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Title, Category, Pairing, Summary. What is it about? What can we expect from it?


LOVE 'HURTS'

Fandom: Twilight

Pairing: Edward/Bella

Category: Romance/Humore

Summary: Edward takes the phrase "Love Hurts" to a new level when he attempts
to get ready to join the dating world again.

Love 'Hurts' is a Twilight ff with Edward and Bella. I originally imagined it as a crack fic, but it evolved into something a little deeper. Edward goes to some extreme measures to get ready to go out in the dating world again. I don't want to give too much away, but my pre-reader said I may want to give some warnings about not drinking while reading this story!


12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one?

This is my first Drabble War and drabble story.  The timing was just right for this war.  I never know when I'm going to have something ready.  I've always admired authors who challenge themselves with things like this and contests.  I can see myself doing this again. 


Thanks to Lost for answering all the questions. Don't forget to put her on alerts so you don't miss out on what it looks like is going to be a very funny drabble.

Be sure to leave her some love in a review if you read her drabble... and remember the golden rule: If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. These authors are providing FREE entertainment for you... appreciate it!

Till next time,

~DW Administrators


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash