Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Drabble Warrior Interview III


Hello again Drabble Lovers!

We are just two days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants This month we have a five amazing authors and we are pretty excited for you to read their stories! So, let's get to meet the first one, shall we?

These questions were submitted by member of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question, we wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't.

Thank you for submitting and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble. If you have a question you would like to ask a future warrior, pop in the group and leave a post.

So, let's meet the next warrior participating in this month's battle of the words, she has participated before, in fact, she should just move in and stay permanently! Give it up for... Mona Rider!




1. What your favorite genre to read/write fanfiction?  

I love to read almost anything, but my favorite is horror/gore and to write is syfy. I love to bend the box.


2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction? 

Encouraging friends in the fandom.  


3. Are you a one fandom only author/reader? If you are, would you be willing to read/write for another fandom? If you aren't, what other fandoms have you read and/or wrote for?

Only one, I read a lot but I have only found Twi to be inspiring or the characters talked to me. Does this make me sound crazy?


4. What is your writing process for drabbles? Does it differ from full length fics?  

I drink and smoke and get the tablet out to write. That's about it. ha. 


5. Where do you take inspiration for your stories? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life?

Images, music and just my brain being amazing by giving me rad ideas.  


6. How do you get into the mood for writing? Where do you write? (paper, laptop, napkin, post it)

Refer to #4, rinse, repeat until I finish.


7. Is there anything that helps to get you into the characters mind to write them? 

Rereading what I've written, no matter how long it is. 


8. How do you come up with the title for your story?  

Stared at some images for a while and pow, title. 


9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why?  

Anyone of my syfy. 


10. Do you have a beta? If you do, what do expect from them? If you don't, why not?  

I don't but I do have some help in a lovely prereader named Dawn. All I expected of her was honesty. Tell me how it is. Yell at me for my grammar mistakes, tell me my spelling is horrible and don't skimp on kicking my ass when I mess up. 


11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Title, Category, Pairing, Summary. What is it about? What can we expect from it? (Please attach a link to your banner or you can upload the banner here in the group)  


THE MANY SIGHTINGS OF HIM

Fandom: Twilight
Pairing: Bella/Edward
Category: Family/Angst

Summary: I’ve seen him many times, but when recalling them all, I tell the story
of a crazy girl in love, with just as crazy of a guy. I was a sucker for ‘happily ever after’
and I got more than I bargained for.

The Many Sightings of Him, is about Bella stalking Edward. Anymore and I will ruin it. She writes down all of the sightings of him and this is her story. 


12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one? 

I love DW, I need my own personal chair in here. I have gained a following, small but amazing. I have people who get mad at me for how my stories go, and the opposite effect. It’s amazing. I love being humbled to the point of blushing. No more ego boosts please, okay maybe a little more. -squee-


Thanks to Mona for answering all the questions. Don't forget to put her on alerts so you don't miss out on what it looks like is going to be a very interesting drabble.

Be sure to leave her some love in a review if you read her drabble... and remember the golden rule: If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. These authors are providing FREE entertainment for you... appreciate it!

Till next time,


~DW Administrators


1 comments:

SoP said...

*claps* YAY!! I'm rootin' for ya Mona! I wont be entering this one, but I do have something in the works for June!

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash