Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Drabble Warrior Interview II


Hello again Drabble Lovers!

We are just two days away for the next war to begin and we are pretty excited about this month's participants This month we have a five amazing authors and we are pretty excited for you to read their stories! So, let's get to meet the first one, shall we?

These questions were submitted by member of the Drabble War Forum on facebook. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question, we wish we could ask all of the questions you guys posted, but unfortunately we can't. Thank you for submitting and I hope you come back with more questions for the next month's drabble. If you have a question you would like to ask a future warrior, pop in the group and leave a post.

So, let's meet the next warrior participating in this month's battle of the words, she has never participated before, so give it up for... Mrs. Nina Cullen!





1. What your favorite genre to read/write fanfiction? 
I will give anything a chance (almost) but I usually read Romance (or RomCom). With writing I usually do more Drama with romance.

2. What made you take that first 'step' and write fanfiction?  I always loved writing and as a young child would write out my thought of what I thought should happen in shows and movies. Then I learned (once I was much older) that I was writing FF and I learned about all the great people that love to read it and thought what the heck why not.

3. Are you a one fandom only author/reader? If you are, would you be willing to read/write for another fandom? If you aren't, what other fandoms have you read and/or wrote for? 
I tend to stick with one fandom (Twilight) but have branched out to see what else is out there. I haven’t written for any but I have read some (Harry Potter, Once Upon a Time).

4. What is your writing process for drabbles? Does it differ from full length fics?  I take the same approach for most of my stories. I come up with an idea randomly and mostly like at inappropriate times lol. Then I try to get as far as I can with the story and plot in my head before writing. Most of the time I change the story about six times, by the time I’m done but oh well.

5. Where do you take inspiration for your stories? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life?  Everything. I can get an idea from a song then I’ll see a movie and that will light fire to the idea then someone will say something and BAM story done in my head. (Mostly.)

6. How do you get into the mood for writing? Where do you write? (paper, laptop, napkin, post it). 
The mood strikes at any given time and I always carry paper and like a million pens and pencils in my bag. I love to not only write but draw so I find it best to always be ready when inspiration strikes.

7. Is there anything that helps to get you into the characters mind to write them?  Music. I put music on that fits the theme and mood of the story.

8. How do you come up with the title for your story?  I like to have most of the idea thought out first then I will pick a name that fits most of the story or at least the main point. Sometimes that’s the first thing I think of and ill write a story about the title.

9. If you could be a part of any of your stories which one would it be and why?  I think a little of me is in all of my stories but if I had to choose just one. Coffee Shop, I loved writing it and I still go back and read it. (must warn you I should go back and fix things but I’m being lazy.)

10. Do you have a beta? If you do, what do expect from them? If you don't, why not?  I don’t. I’ve had a hard time finding one I like. Most of the good ones are busy and I hate bothering people.

11. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Title, Category, Pairing, Summary. What is it about? What can we expect from it? (Please attach a link to your banner or you can upload the banner here in the group) 


LOST AND FOUND

Rated: M
Fandom: Twilight
Pairing: Edward/Bella

Summary: He was surrounded by people yet he felt lost and alone.
She was lost and alone but doesn't know any other way.
Can these two finding each other make them happy?

I don’t want to give to much a way but I’ll give you something. Edward is living with the Cullen’s as the only single member of the family. He wants to leave and be on his own having the couples around is depressing. Then he finds a girl that is lost and alone. He helps her find who she is and well... Read and you shall see. :)

12. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one? 
No but I’ve read almost all the entries that have been submitted before. I might if I have time. RL always gets in the way.


Thanks to Nina for answering all the questions. Don't forget to put her on alerts so you don't miss out on what it looks like is going to be an amazing drabble.

Be sure to leave her some love in a review if you read her drabble... and remember the golden rule: If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. These authors are providing FREE entertainment for you... appreciate it!

Till next time,

~DW Administrators

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash