Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June War here we Come!

It's just about that time again... time for the June War of the Words. The authors have been hard at work scratching theitr pens and clacking their keys to bring you quite an interesting assortment this time around.  We've also had a chance to sit down, one on one, with these authors to get to know them.  Are you ready to meet author #1?

Lolo84

Rachel - Hey Lolo!  I’m still waiting on Jess to get over here... lol.  While we wait... What name do you prefer to go by?

Jess - I’m here... *waves Hi*

Lolo84 - Ok can you see me?

Jess - yup

Lolo84 - Ok! Yay! I was totally doing it wrong before! Ok... You can call me Lo or Lolo ;-)

Rachel - No worries, we’ll get it sorted … alrighty, well welcome to your interview Lo!  It’s a little early on this end, so unfortunately, I’m sober right now... but we’ll still have fun!

Jess - bwahaha tb I can start for you... B’s gone for the night so it’s just me... ;)

Lo - LOL! I was JUST about to mourn not having a red cup ;-)

Rachel- well, if ya’ll want to call a 5 minute pause, we can go hook ourselves up and meet back here?  *wink wink*

Jess - Red Solo Cup... I fill you up...

Lo - Lmao! I don’t think you ladies want none of this drunk or tipsy! ;-)

Rachel- um yeah... we realllllllllly do!  lol  As long as Jess doesn’t start singing about potatoes or bananas...

Jess - yea... we have a thing for easy targets... lmao and no way... i’m all about my Solo cup today!! no bananas or potatoes. :)

Lo - Ok You asked for it!!! (in the meantime know that I WILL be asking about this potato and banana singing) BRB!

Rachel -  ok... off to fetch my Kraken....

Lo - Blech.. only thing I found was Red Wine.


Lo - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s Awesome! Lol I almost spit my drink!

Jess - I flove that song... :)

Lo - I had just heard it when you shared it... it was hilarious- (also I think I misadvertised... only thing I found was Red Wine... but I AM drinking it!) ;-)

Jess - Nice!! and you don’t know what the banana-potato song is either?? I might have to rectify that while we wait for Ms. Kraken... :)

Lo - Yes J, school me...

Jess - http://youtu.be/vNie6hVM8ZI … was singing that in the May Author interviews... ;)

Rachel - Jess did you do some shots too?  And sorry, my better half came home while I was in the kitchen and I had to make nice...

Jess - My ‘better half’ is still at my bro’s... lmao... how sad is that?... alone in my house and he’s at my bro’s... smh... no wonder I needed a drink.

Lo - ‎BA BA BA BABANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just listened to it! Oh man! that was awesomeness in its purest form... and why do I look different now? Fix me!
Rachel -  Sorry, he pulled me away again... we got a package of um, goodies, today and he wanted to look through them with me.

Jess - I’ve been fixing it... you have your text highlighted!! you have to fix it...

Lo - Testing! Ok Got it... I SWEAR I’m not drunk ladies.

Rachel - Okay Jess.. step back from the Fixing Fetish... we can tidy up the room later... after we’ve played... hehe

Lo - Kinky! I wanna play too (does a shimmy) (winks)

Rachel -  You really shouldn’t have said that... *gives you Edward smirk*  Okay, so we look like we’re actually here to DO something... besides be silly...  Lolo, please tell us, when and what did you first write?

Lo - Ok... (puts on serious hat)... In fanfic or in general?

Rachel - Whichever you want to share with us, if it’s fanfic, we’ll add the link...*settles in with Kraken & creme*

Lo - Ok, I’m known to be longwinded... so I’ll do my best to sum it up. I first started writing when I was wee high! Short stories and Poetry. I wanted to actually go to school for English/Creative writing and such, but my mother SHATTERED my dreams. (It’s ok, I’ve recovered)...

Rachel -  Damn mothers... why must they always ruin us?!!!  

Lo - Shhh! (Looks around) don’t let my mom hear you say that! Lol... yes I’m still scared of my mom... but in a “I respect you way” not in a “she might murder me in my sleep way” but you get it.

Rachel - Sure do, almost 40 here and I still feel like a 10 year old around her.  Jess.. quit stealing my cursor!  

Jess - um... excuse me... lmao... you two won’t even let me type... lol... I had  to go way down here...

Rachel -  oooh... that feels kinda good... can you move to the left a bit?

Jess - *moves just a little* There?

Rachel - mmmmhmmmm  *glances up at Lolo’s gaping mouth*  ooops... you were saying darlin’?  Lolo?   Wee high.... writing poetry.... shattered dreams...  

Lolo8e4 has left.

Jess - oops... where’d she go?? Tb we scared her off!

Lo - Ladies! Can you see me? Sorry IDK what happened :-(  and again I SWEAR I’m NOT drunk

Rachel - phew... there you are... thought we’d scared ya off... we can behave... lol

Lo - No No not at all... I’m mad that I got booted off right when it was getting good... But that's ok next time ;-)

Rachel - Definitely!  Okay... first story... tell us about it!

Lo- OK, since I don’t really remember my first story from way back when, I’ll tell you about my first fanfic (albeit reluctantly) lol... It’s called “What About Your Friends?” E/B are best friends they eventually fall in love yada yada... It’s still a WIP that I’m currently trying to get polished up, beta-d and re-posted.

Lo- Wow you’re quick! <3

Rachel- Sounds very sweet!!  (Jess is getting bounced from the doc too... it wasn’t just you)
*chants to myself... do NOT offer to beta do NOT offer to beta*

Lo- Counters chants with offers of boob gropes (waggling eyebrows)

Rachel- JESS!!!!  She’s onto me... quick distract her!


Jess - *snickers*  well tb... that depends... do you enjoy sleeping at all??

Rachel - today on Cursors Gone Wild...   Sleep?  What’s that?  Oh that’s right... I don’t know anymore...  

Lo - Lol @ Cursors Gone Wild

Rachel -  So, Lo...what video games do you play?

Lo - *snorts* I haven’t played video games in years. I think I stopped at (and I’m about to age myself here) but somewhere around Super Nintendo and Donkey Kong!

Rachel - Hahahaha... hey, I was great at Duck Hunt!

Lo - I cheated at duck hunt! I would hold the gun up to the TV!

Rachel - Dang... I thought that was MY trick!

Lo - LOL... You did that to? Damn I thought I was genius!

Rachel -  Great minds and all that jazz...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-TM3q5-Cc  ( a moment of silence for a musical legend)

Lo - Yeah yo! *bumps fist in solidarity*

Jess - *puts down the Wii remote and comes back to the laptop...* What were you guys saying??

Rachel - *shakes head at Jess*

Lo- Yeah sigh... moment of silence!

Rachel -  okay... moment over!  Jess are you asking any questions tonight?

Jess - I’ll ask this one... so you don’t make me do the next one... *snickers* Tell us about your entry for the Drabble War.


Lo - Ok, where do I begin? (thinking thinking)... Well it’s called “I Do, but Not Today” and is E/B... I’m not sure what to say without giving it all away. But it centers around their wedding weekend and what happens when Bella’s FOUR sisters come around. It was originally actually called “The Swan Sisters”. Do you need more than that? Or...?

Rachel - Well, when it comes time to share, we’ll add your banner and the story link... is it safe to assume from your description that this is going to be a humorous drabble?  Or are we going to be left at the alter?  

Lo - Originally it was supposed to be a Drama/Humor yes... But I’m not sure how funny it is anymore :-/ and as for being left at the alter... *zips lips* you’ll have to read to find out :-)

Rachel -  Smooth answer!!  Can’t wait to find out!

Lo - I OWN smooth! (not really... but I couldn’t resist saying that)...

Rachel - *raises Texas Rangers tumbler to you both*  Big drinks ladies... here comes THE question that allllll the readers want to know...  

Lo - Uh oh...

Rachel -  What’s your most erotic fantasy?  

Lo - Oh you went there now did you! *nods in appreciation* mmmhh

Rachel - Oh hell yeah!

Lo - I don’t know if it’s so much erotic as... well Idk... but *snickers* let’s just say it involves Chris Hemsworth IN his Thor costume! Haha! Does that count?

Rachel *glazed eyes*  BIG hammers... loin cloths...

Lo - Yup! *thud*

Rachel- Dammit Jess, you beat me to it!!  I was about to paste that shirtless one!

Lo - There goes my future baby daddy that doesn’t even know I exist! <3 Heeeeyyy booo!!!

Rachel - All together now... “Heyyyyyyyyy!”

Jess - hahaha... Speaking of your future kiddos... What about now... Relationship status? Kiddos?

Lo - I’m single, bi-lingual and ready to mingle ladies! So if you wanna hook a sister up! :-) and as for kids... well No I can’t say that I’ve given birth but I do have one in my care in a sense. <3 (sweet moment: I love my fam)

Rachel - Awwwww!!!  No rush on the birth thing... you know, throwing a hotdog down a hallway and all that...

Lo - Thanks for the Visual! Lmao... and no, no rush! I have 2 nieces and a nephew and my little cousin (the teenager) I have all years covered. I’m good. *nods*

Rachel - That might be best.. when they become little back talking shits... you send them home!  LOL  So moving on...  here’s another fun question for you, Lo... which ancient place would you like to go?

Lo- Mmhhh... I don’t think I’ve ever been asked that before...

Rachel- Sweet... I love getting cherries!

Lo- Lol... OK... and this might showcase my lack of geographical knowledge, but I’ve always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt. They were in Egypt right? or are they still there? Does that even count as ancient? Smh...

Rachel- LOL-- Yes, they’re in Egypt (that’s in Africa ya know?)  Unless you want to count the Vegas pyramids of Cesar’s Palace?  As for ancient... I think they’re considered one of the 7 wonders of the world... so yeah... they count!

Jess - um........... yea that was in the movie Despicable Me ‘Vector’ stole one of the pyramids and replaced it with an inflatable one... the real ones are very much still there... *snickers* and in Egypt... the Vegas ones don’t count as ancient tb!! ;)





 
Lo- Yeah I wasn’t sure if they were still standing strong or considered ruins of sorts now.

Rachel - *huffs* Fine Jess... nothing ancient in Vegas... got it. Oh, and Jess, I need to take that movie away from you... it’s taking over your brain!  You should have been thinking Brendan Frasier, Mummy goodness when pyramids came up!  Lo, that’s actually a really cool answer... the pyramids are on my bucket list of things to see some day :)

Lo- Nice! I want to hear more about this bucket list one day ;-)... Ohhhh I love that movie... The Mummy...

Jess - oh hell no... ew to Brendan Frasier... sorry... and *pouts* I like my movie...

Rachel- *screeches* WHAT?!  You can’t “ew to Brendan Frasier”....sigh.

Jess- um... I just did... he’s just not hot... sorry tb... not even a little warm for me... lol

Rachel- Enter Exhibit A:


Lo - I don’t think I’ve ever seen that pic of him before... When  I think of him I think of Bedazzled... etc. But yeah this pic! Yeah...

Rachel - *snickers*  George of the Jungle … okay...




Jess - Exibit B: like I said... ew! Okay I’m gonna jump to the next question before tb comes up from Texas and kills me...

Rachel - grrrrrrr

Lo - Ewww No! Take it away! I like the other pic lol...Ok sorry yes next question...

Jess - Exactly... the wonders of movie magic and photoshop... anyone can look ‘good’ in a few pics... but yea... moving on... Do you want to get published (or are you already published) or do you just write FanFic for fun?

Lo - Blah! I honestly don’t know how to answer that question. Well for starters No, I’m not published. Would I like to be one day? I’m not sure who wouldn’t... BUT that is so far out of the realm for me... I write fanfic for fun because I’m obsessed with it and have already met some amazing ladies during my time here. If the time comes when I’m starting a new story and I’m not imagining E/B in it then I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. But until that time, I’ll continue writing for the fandom.

Rachel - Don’t say that... about being so far out of realm for you... you never know!  If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen!  As for the fun part... it definitely is... and like you, I’ve met some amazing people here *shoulder bumps Jess and high fives Lo*

Jess - I <3 you tb!! … and Lo she’s right!! It could happen!! :)

Lo - High fives back!... Yeah, well maybe one day than... but I’m having too much fun to think about it as anything else right now. Check back with me in a few years lol

Rachel -  Cool!  We will... lol!  Okay, I’ve got a thing for food, so...  if we came to your home and looked in the refrigerator, what would we find?

Lo- Other than wine?

Rachel - haha!

Lo -You’d find a mixture of everything. Today, you’d find a lot of nothing as it’s grocery time. Lol... But on a normal day, you’d find leftovers like Rice and Beans, meat etc. Cold cuts, salads, vegetables... It really depends. I’m watching what I eat right now (other than my occasional McDonalds fixes) so everyone’s pretty much suffering.

Jess - Nice! I have one of those occasional fixes too! ;)

Rachel-  Good for you!  And they’ll thank you later :)

Lo - More like they’ll be thankful when I’m over the “dieting” ;-)

Rachel - True... lol.  Okay, next question... Do you write for any other Fandoms?

Lo- Nope! Twilight all the way baby!! *fist pumps the air*

Jess - Yes! :) … Are you ready for the really important one now Lo??

Lo- Uh oh... Lay it on me!

Jess - Are you suuuuuure... it’s a big one??

Lo- *Gulp* Yes I’m sure...

Rachel- *peeks at question sheet and starts to giggle*

Jess - Okay.... here we go... *deep breath* …



How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?




Lo - Hahahaha!!!! Omg! LMAO! Oh sh*t that was good! Ummm... However many licks it takes... However long it takes... ;-) That’s my final answer!

Rachel - Is it just me, or does that sound kinky?

Lo - ;-) *sticks pointer finger in mouth and shakes head innocently* I have no idea what you’re talking about...

Jess - Right tb?? I was gonna ask if we were still talking about tootsie pops!!

Rachel - Oh dear...

Lo - :-D

Rachel -  Okay... time to put your thinking cap on Lo... What are a few (btw I said a few... so that means like 2... 3 tops)... stories you’d like to Rec?

Lo - Aww come on! *stomps foot* there’s no way I can answer that. Honestly there are so many stories I love, that I have no way of picking three... Can I pass? Lol.. prettttyyy please!!

Rachel -  *looks at Jess pointedly*  Should we?  This will be her one free pass... she HAS to answer the next one...

Jess - *snickers* sounds good to me... just no telling the other authors we give out ‘free passes’... :)

Lo - Cross my heart! <3

Rachel - Okay then, Lo. *punches free pass ticket* You wanna do it Jess, or me?

Jess - *slides in with my pimp swagger* I got it tb... ;) Okay Lo, so tell us... If a movie of your life was made, who would play you? And who would you want to be your costar?

Rachel - *chokes* Pimp swagger?  That shit is priceless!

Lo - *taps chin* I just asked my sister... and she said someone dramatic should play me -_- Idk how to take that lol... OK, I guess Jennifer Hudson? Only ‘cause I have no idea who else there is... since Halle Berry would be out of the question... Lol... and my co-star? Like my love interest you mean?

Rachel -  Susan Sarandon popped into my head first... but love Ms. Hudson as well!!!   And yes, who would be your “thruster”?  

Lo - Lol... Susan and I don’t like enough alike ;-) Lol... and Ooohhh!!! I would have MANY thrusters... My version of my Olderward would be Shemar Moore and my Footballward/Inkward would be Devin Thomas.

Rachel - Hot damn!!  He’s the guy from Young and the Restless!




Rachel -  I like the poly thing you’ve got going on Mrs. Lolo Hudson-Moore-Thomas!

Lo - Yes!! I would do “Brother Husbands” instead of ‘Sister wives’ they can ALL get it... Chris as well... *fans self* could you imagine!?!? Great name btw... you may refer to me as that from now on! ;-)

Rachel -  Darlin’... we write fanfic... you bet yer sweet ass we can imagine!

Lo - True dat! Oh the things we can all imagine huh!

Rachel -  Absolutely!!!  And on that dreamy note, that’s all the questions we have for you ma’am...  thank you SOOOO much for joining us in the crazy room.  To the readers... make sure you tune in Father’s Day weekend to find out what happens at that alter!

Lo - Aww thanks for a great time ladies! I can’t wait for the drabble weekend to see what all the others have planned for us as well!

Jess - It was great hanging out and chatting with you Lo!! Looking forward to your story!!

Lo - *tackles both you into hugs* and bows to the crowd! Take care! <3

Rachel -  *hugs Lo back and wipes a tear*  Gonna miss that girl...  See ya’ll next time!

Jess - Rachel and I will be back with the next author tomorrow... hope to see YOU *points at readers* all back here then too!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

All of you, you're amazing! :D

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash