Saturday, August 18, 2012

August interview with Anabella Cullen P

Rachel-  Welcome readers one and all to the last, but certainly not the least, interview for this month. Joining us once again, Anabella Cullen P

Jess- Morning Ana, happy to have you back!

Ana- *waves* Hey girls, super excited to be here!

Rachel- Ya’ll have your coffees and ready to do this?

Jess - *nods*

Ana- Yep, let’s do it!

Rachel- Okay Ana, just for a little fun bonus since this isn’t your first time chatting with us, we were wondering if during your last interview, did you feel as if you were you questioned by a mad scientist?

Ana- A little. Especially during the moments you girls acted as if you had forgotten about me and just kissed and flirted with each other. I have to admit that was very nice to watch.

Jess- Damn, I thought we were more discreet.

Rachel- Awww, Jelly, don’t you know we can’t hide our love! *jumps out of chair and smooches Jess on the cheek*

Jess-  Get off! *laughs* Okay Ana, the regular opening questions.  3,2,1...GO!

What was the first thing you wrote and when?
Ana- I already answered this. So I hope you don´t die of boredom. A poem, when I was a child; and The Other Side of the Moon when I first discovered fanfiction. I will beg human beings in general not to read it, it´s not been betaed and trust me when I say that my English has evolved. TOSotM and Solar Flare are still up there because I´m too lazy. They are on hiatus anyways. .::sticks tongue out::.
Do you write for any other fandoms?
No, thank you very much. I think for me fanfiction and Twilight are irrevocably linked.
Have you been published? If not, is it something you would like to do?
.::sad sigh::. That´s still a no.

Rachel- Not dying of boredom, and hey, maybe they missed your interview last time so this is new to them!  So, what are you bringing to the war field this time?  Tell us about your entry for the Drabble War? Title, pairing, are we going to need kleenex or fresh panties on hand? You know, the juicy stuff! 




Ana- Well, I cheated a little for August, I must confess. The New House that´s the name of the drabble, by the way, has existed for many years now. I wrote it in Spanish as original fiction, and a couple of years ago I posted it in my fanfiction as La casa Nueva, which is the exact same title only in Spanish. So the cheating part refers to the fact that it´s not a new story, I just translated it and adapted it to fit a drabble format a bit more smoothly than just chunking it up in pieces.
I know I must not be the only one who claims this, but it started as a dream. Not my dream, but a dream nonetheless. The first dream Bella has is the actual dream a friend of mine had. She told me about it and the rest just sprung to life around it.
The New House is not about romance, though there is that, of course; nor is it smutiful, though there´s a couple of citrusy drops in there too. It´s a ghost´s story. Victoria, who is dead, wants Edward for herself and makes Bella´s life a bit difficult.  

Rachel- It sounds awesome! I love a good ghost story ;)

Jess- Definitely! So you’ve told us about your story, are there any stories out there that you’d like to recommend?

Ana- There are some sempiternal stories in this fandom that I´m sure already tickle the backs of all of our heads. I rather tell you what has me hooked right now:
1.       Hello Beautiful by SoapyMayhem
2.       Another League by CaraNo
3.       Cox, Chocolate and Cupcakes by twilight mum69
Though this one has not updated lately (tb, weren´t you beta for this one? Make her post! Torture her if you have to.)

Rachel- Yes, I beta’d the first few chapters of it as she was trying to get it done for the chocolate prompt.  I think most of you know, I’m slowly pulling back from the beta side of the fandom as I work on getting my Divine Trilogy ready to publish, so as my darlin’s find new beta’s, I hand over the reins.  I’m afraid you’ll have to go after Penny, her new beta, for updates on this one. ;)

Jess- Now for the good stuff, some silly fun to let us, and your readers, get to really know the person behind the penname...again. Hehe. So first up, to ease you into the personal questions, what’s your relationship status and do you have any kiddos?

Ana-  Married since 1996. I have a girl of 12 and a boy who´ll be 15 on August the 6th .::winks at Jess::.



Rachel- Aww, well happy belated birthday to the not so little man!  And don’t you feel special Jess, getting to share your day?!  Let them eat cake!  But, while we’re getting the cake, if you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?

Ana- Humans.

Jess- *snorts*

Ana- No, seriously, I swear I can´t communicate properly. I´m awkward and way too direct for normal conversation. I have no idea why people insist on wanting honesty and then when you are honest about what you think they take offense, then balk or lash out.

Rachel- That is awesome Ana!! ‘Ana the Human Whisperer’




Rachel- So we know we all have lives outside of Facebook right? What was the last movie you saw and would you recommend it?

Ana- If you mean the last movie I´ve seen only once it was Dark Shadows. Sadly no, I would not recommend it. But after that I saw Breaking Dawn again, and yeah, I would of course, recommend it, though not to just anybody; and I strongly advise to read the books first if they haven´t done so yet. ;)



But after that I saw Breaking Dawn again, and yeah, I would of course, recommend it, though not to just anybody; and I strongly advise to read the books first if they haven´t done so yet. ;)


Rachel- Yeah, I wasn’t overly impressed with Dark Shadows either, though I had a great afternoon out with my girls when I saw it.

Jess-  Who is your celebrity crush (and you can’t say a Twilight character)?

Ana-.::headless chicken syndrome::. Too many. But if I really have to narrow it down, I´d have to say Johnny Depp and Hayden Christensen. Though when Interview with the Vampire (the movie) came out I fell in love with Brad Pitt as hard as I fell for Edward.



Rachel- Yes, Brad made an excellent Louis! I personally even liked Tom as Lestat ;).  Next question hun... If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be and why? (Again, excluding Twilight)

Ana-This one is a no brainer for me. Lestat, definitely. I get that he´s a boy, but he´s my perfect alter ego.



Rachel- So you want to be the Brat Princess?  hehe...  Ya’ll can take your pick as to who you thought portrayed Lestat best...Tom or Stuart...  Okay, Jess, what’s the next question?

Jess- *reviews questionnaire* Oh yes! We have to know, what’s the most important part of the sandwich?

Ana- The meat, baby. I´m a carnivore ;)

Rachel- *opens mouth to ‘go there’, changes mind and smiles politely* Last one for this month...What would you do if you had a time machine?

Ana- First, I would make myself study something different. I totally crapped on my life by studying International Relations and Diplomacy. I should have gone for Literature, Art, or at least Architecture. Something creative.
Then, I would have fun learning history first hand. That´s actually something that´s tortured me for years, knowing I´ll never ever get to see those times. I know I must have lived in ancient Egypt and Greece, and in Italy during the Renaissance.
.::clears throat::. Yeah, I promise I´m not dangerous. I´m crazy, but harmless.

Jess- *grabs tb’s hand and starts slowly backing out of the room*

Rachel- *waves* Bye ya’ll.... you know the drill... alert all of our awesome authors and enjoy the weekend.  The New House, The Fixer, Sticks and Stones (on TWCS), In Plain Sight, The Experiments (on TWCS), and A Soldier's Heart are all up and going for your reading pleasure!

Ana-*waves* Bye girls!! mwah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash