Monday, August 13, 2012

August Interview with Mona Rider & TwiLighT7242

Rachel- Look at the year flying by, here we are at August already!!!  Which means it’s time for another war of the words... all in good fun, of course.  And to start us off this time, we have a collaboration from a couple of veterans.  Welcome girls!

Jess- Yes welcome to another round ladies!  Okay, because these two have done this before, we’re not going to ask about their early writing days again... if you missed them answering the first time around, check out previous interviews!  Instead, we just want to know if during your last interview, did you feel as if you were being questioned by a mad scientist? *giggles*

Mona - I think it would be mad scientists (Jess and Bella) but I forgive you and you’re welcome. Oh sadie you bring out the mean girl in all of us!

Fran - Hmm... well, I do know that these two are mad scientists but I’ve survived and can say that I hadn’t noticed how hard the questions are. It was fun. :))

Rachel-  Can you tell us about your entry for the Drabble War? Title, pairing, are we going to need kleenex or fresh panties on hand? You know, the juicy stuff! If you have a banner, please include it and also provide the profile link where you will be posting your drabble.

Mona: Our drabble or I should say drabbles took on so many different people and ideas that we just now only a week ago started to work on our final pick, ‘The Experiments’.

Rachel- *coughs* I’ll just say ya’ll are tenacious!

Fran: LOL So true. This one’s actually the third idea. If not for Mona making a banner for this story, we won’t be able to make a good enough entry. ‘The Experiments’ is really out of the box for me.

Mona - *coughs butting in* I pulled her right out of that square box and into my spacious five story with a view trapezoid!

Fran - Yep, yep, that she did. Since I’m still such a newbie at writing (I also obviously suck at updating since I have three WIP drabble entries), this broadens my genre. And yes, it is a trapezoid.

Rachel- I have to say, we’re just getting started and you two are a riot, I think it’s going to be quite interesting to see what you bring to the table :)

Mona - Don’t worry I will bust her hump *wink* and we’ll be finished with time to spare... *blows kiss to readers* 



Fran - Oh, God. Please, please, please! Oh yeah, and have I mentioned that I really want the August 13 slot because this is Bella and Edward’s 6th wedding anniversary? Yes, I counted. *snickers* So, I just wanna shout out: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BELLA AND EDWARD!



Rachel- Oh yeahhhh... I just remember this day because it’s my baby girl’s birthday!  She’ll be 9 this year.

Mona - N-E-Ways... back to our drabble *shakes head* Our banners... and yes, I mean banners.  I made them, one for the Denalis, Hales, Cullens and the Swans the rest didn't get one so Fran and I chose the two favorites and pasted them here! 



Summary: In the late ‘80s, nestled in the olympic peninsula, seven families in a small town named Forks, were blessed with twins. Eighteen years later, these teenagers aren’t as ordinary as they once thought.

Profile links to the two places the readers will be able to find our august drabble; TwiLighT7242 FF & TWCS

Rachel- WOW, those are great banners and the summary definitely has me interested to read more!

Jess-  I’m with tb on this one, can’t wait! Okay, moving on...can you guys pick up to three stories you’d like to recommend, you know, the ones that always tickle at the back of your head.

Mona - I say we promote ourselves! So this is my FF and my newest drabble is called ‘The Wives of Hockey’

Fran - Goody goody! Read my stuff? lol  

Rachel- *shaking head and laughing* Ya’ll are nuts and I love it!  Now for the good stuff, some silly fun to let us, and your readers, get to really know the people behind the pennames...

Jess- Oh yeah, this is my favorite part!  I wanna ask the first crazy one. *giggles*

Rachel- Sure thing, go for it!

Jess- If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?

Mona - Felines, because then I’m not just the household cat whisperer I’d be the feline whisperer... that’d be amazing. *waving my hands all dramatic like* You do not want to eat me. Lion: I don’t want to eat you but bite you I may. *ROFL*



Fran - Eh. Sorry, Mona, but I like dogs more. I mean, I’ve always wanted to have a dog. So, yeah- OH, OH! AND JACOB’S A DOG...in some sense lol Hmm.. or maybe a lion! I’ll have a growling session with it. Last one... OR (lol I really have no filtering system) a GORILLA/APE/MONKEY! I’d ask if they also think they support Charles Darwin’s theory. LMAO



Rachel- “Jake, STAY.”  hehehe... sorry, couldn’t resist!  Interesting choices, I like them!  Okay, when you’re not reading or writing, you’re vegging out over a screen right? What was the last movie you saw and would you recommend it?

Mona - Before bed last night I was watching... Skulls 3, very good totally recommend it!

Fran - Hmm.... if you’re asking what is the last movie I saw on the big screen, that would be SWATH. *cringe* Fuck you, Rupert! Okay... digressing... but if you’re talking TV-wise, then that’d be a James Bond film... (just checked out Wikipedia, and found out that the films they were showing on TV aren’t arranged chronologically) Would I recommend it? Uh, yeah sure, maybe.

Rachel- Skulls 3 huh?  Should’ve expected that answer from you Mona (lol) and Fran, well, yeah there’s that... despite everything that’s gone down, I gotta say I enjoyed SWATH... I’ll leave it at that. What’s up next Jess?

Jess- Next we find out what their ‘type’ is... so ladies, who is your celebrity crush (and you can’t say a Twilight character)?

Mona - When I was younger it was Devon Sawa from Casper and even now I can’t get enough of him in Final Destination, Yum!



Fran - Can’t say a Twilight character? But I can say a Twilight actor? *evil grins*

Mona - schematics... *shakes head*

Fran - Of course, Mona. How do you think I manage to keep up with your “complex” characters if I’m not one? xD

Mona - I would of said crazy... but you’re too nice. *bows*

Fran- Nah. I also helped you build “the experiments”, so..... shhhh...

Mona - Lets not keep them waiting on your thoroughly thought out scheming ways of picking the one you wanted... *mwauh!*

Fran - *guffaws ‘cause that’s how I roll* We all know it’s Rob. Like what that one FB group quoted, “It’s always been him.” *winks* Andrew Garfield, Tom Sturridge, and Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth are cute, too... and Michael Cera!! I don’t know.. *shrugs* I just love him and Justin Long and Jonah Hill and Robert Pattinson.... OOPS! Repeated! Pardon me for my teenage dreams. ;)

Rachel- *snorts* Oh sweet Jesus you two! Okay Fran, I will make a note to rephrase the question next time! LMAO. Let’s try this again...If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be and why? (Again, excluding Twilight)

Mona - Anita from the Anita Blake series. Necromancy makes me happy and all those men it just an added bonus. 



Rachel- *falls off her interview chair* You read Laurell?!!!  AWESOME... love love love her... and Anita, Micah, Jean Claude, Richard even!

Fran - Yeah, I can feel the love, Mona. Don’t we all? I mean, Bella had sex with a vampire in their honeymoon. Edward’s dead. HAHA!

Mona - *dreamily* And all them shapeshifting hotties and vampire gods... and my personal favorite raising the dead all in one series come on... I would dig being her! *secretly knows if I was better at writing smut I would write Anita FF if only it were possible*

Rachel- Ooohhh, Anita FF... of course, Laurell really doesn’t leave any fade to blacks to be filled in...ya know?

Fran - *shakes head at Mona in amusement* I’d love to be Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew. That’d be fun! More mysteries and shit. or Rachel Berry! Or any of the Avengers. Oooooh and Eric Packer! or Mary Lou! OKAAAAAAAAY CUTTING OUT!

Jess- *looks at tb and then at Fran* yeah, we’re gonna let you guys google all those on your own!  Lets move on to a crucial question.  This is one that readers are just dying to hear and won’t feel complete unless they know...What’s the most important part of the sandwich?

Mona - The meat, since I usually pick everything else off.

Fran- LOL (one fact about me: I literally say “lol” instead of really doing the action ‘cause I laugh like crazy and can’t get over a funny topic fast enough)

Mona - Why does this make me think you were having naughty thoughts about me eating my meat first. *smh* I knew you were a deviant!

Rachel- It was the first thing that popped into my head!

Fran - *doing that last action Lucy Hale does in Pretty Little Liars intro* Mona can’t you see that I’m trying to make a sensible answer here? *winks* Setting that aside... I eat the veggies that comes along with it. I’m not a real fan of sandwiches, though. I get annoyed when they fall off even if a toothpick is stuck at the top of a clubhouse sandwich.

Jess- Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean, and so between the two of them, licked the platter clean!

Rachel- LMAO!  Well, at least between the two of ya, you’re getting the whole sandwich eaten! And for our final prodding of your brains, here’s a fun question...What would you do if you had a time machine?

Mona - what a loaded question... *taps chin*

Rachel- Not loaded...FUN! lol

Fran - I think everyone will get tired of reading this interview if we tell them what we’d do if we have a time machine, won’t they, Mona?

Mona - Most def! and they’d get mad at the history we decided to change... butterfly effect and all that.


Fran - I’d love to prove everybody’s theories wrong... or, in my case, change the correct ones and then prove them wrong.



Rachel- And on that note, that’s it for this time!  Thank you so much ladies for coming by and to all you readers, make sure you’ve got your calendar cleared for the August Drabble War beginning Friday, August 17th!  You’ll want to see what The Experiments is all about along with all the other great entries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash