Friday, August 17, 2012

August interview with MinaWritesSlash

Rachel- Gooooood Morning Drabblers!  Well, today’s the day...The August installment of the 2012 Drabble Wars is underway! And here with us today is the lovely Mina, while not a new author, this is her first ‘war’!  Good morning, darlin’ :)

Jess- Glad to have you hear Mina.

Mina- Thanks girls, have to say I’m pretty excited!

Rachel- LOL... I’ll bet.  You’ve been leaving little teasers in the planning group and I have to say I’m fascinated to see how all those pictures are going to come together!  But, before we get into your entry, would you mind telling us a little about yourself as a writer?

  • What was the first thing you wrote and when?
  • Do you write for any other fandoms?
  • Have you been published? If not, is it something you would like to do?

Mina- Wow okay, so the first thing I wrote? In general, it was a Mother’s Day poem when I was five, my mom still has it stored somewhere around.

For fanfiction, I wrote a one-shot for a group contest two years ago, it was pretty dark and I even killed Edward. I found out soon enough that Deadward was a big no-no for the avid readers, but later I didn’t let it bother me. I write what I want and I won’t compromise my story only for the sake of the narrow minded.

Jess- How sweet on the poem!  And absolutely, you should write what you want!  Besides, I doubt you were the first to kill Edward, you certainly haven’t been the last.  *shoots tb an evil look* Even she’s done it, granted that whole one shot was f’d up!

Rachel- *looks wide eyed and innocent* I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about.  *giggles*  Please, Mina, carry on...

Mina-  Okay, thanks for the encouragement.  In regards to the other fandoms question *looks around* My friend Mandy forced me... kidding.

No really, again this was for another contest, hosted by my friend Mandy. I was given a banner and had to come up with story for it, that’s how my only Vampire Academy fic was born.

It’s a Rose/Dimitri romantic/fluffy/funny drabble and complete. If you want to read it you can do it here: Color My Life with Your Love



And published, well, I wrote three children’s books in spanish (no, I won’t give you the names). They aren’t really well known, but I did once find one of them in a bookstore in the Miami Airport. That’s all I have ever published. I’m more now into translating and I’ve never really thought about writing a full book to publish. It’s not on my plans, but you never know, right?

Rachel- Absolutely, never say never! But that’s really cool, congratulations on the books. Are you sure we can’t convince you to tell us what they are?

Mina- *shakes head and grins*

Jess-  Tough bird to crack...hehe.  Okay hun, now let’s here about your entry for the war.





Summary: When Jasper finds out his sister is dead, he knows that there's more than what meets the eye behind the events.With a degenerative eyesight condition, Jasper will try to uncover what really happened that stormy night, while at the same time trying to adapt to a world of darkness. Jasper/Peter

Mina- No need for kleenex, maybe one extra pair of panties, but I encourage everyone to find a safety blankie. My beta Penny has left me this face many times in her comments O__O so, yeah...

My entry is a thriller based on a Spanish movie I saw a few years ago, and that I never really liked the main pairing or how it ended. I’m giving it some major twists and making it my own, but in its essence it’s the same plot as the movie. I won’t give the name of the movie until the end to avoid curious people to find out what happens. This is my first Twilight drabble and I gotta say I’m pretty excited to share it.

Jess- O___O Just kidding! Sounds great!

Rachel- *laughs evilly* Oh I think I’m gonna like this one! And on that note, maybe you have some recs of other things we might like?  What are three of your favorites?

Mina- I’m gonna give you two series and a complete fic:

My absolute favorite is LolaShoes’ Breaking Dawn AU Trilogy. That trilogy is MY Breaking Dawn. Hands down, in my opinion, better that what Meyer came up with. The stories aren’t online anymore, but I can share my private link for anyone who would like to download them and read the pdfs. LolaShoes Trilogy PDF download

The next series is from an author that I just adore. I believe she writes the best Edwards around, she is fantastic and the lemons will leave you panting and reaching for that special drawer you keep on your nightstand.

The Gravity Series by Drotuno.
Blood & Glory
Sin & Innocence
Smoke & Mirrors

You will fall hard and fast for Mercward... nuff said.

And last but not least, I gotta give you some slash right?

Mergers and Acquisitions by Touchstone67

If you are a slash lover and haven’t read this magnificent fic, then you are totally missing out! In fact, you should just stop reading this and click that link STAT and start reading! IT’S THAT GOOD! Oh, and don’t forget to stock up on panties and batteries for that one, you are sooo gonna need them ;)

Rachel- I keep hearing about M&A, alas, I’ve not had the chance yet to read.  *runs to convert to PDF for my Nook*  I’ll be right back...go ahead and give her the next question Jess :)

Jess- Fantastic recs Mina, thanks!  So, time to get personal... bwahahahaha...What’s your relationship status and do you have any kiddos?

Mina-I am recently single and no kiddos. Never been married nor plan to in any immediate future.

Jess- Well you never know when your Edward, or I guess in your case it would be your Carlisle *winks* will walk into your life.  *looks around, wanders if tb started reading the story* I like this question anyways...If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?

Mina- Is this question for real? LOL Mmm...

Rachel- *slides back into chair with grin* Yep, it’s for real!

Mina- *taps chin* I think I would have loved to be able to speak to turtles. 



Here in Ecuador we have the Galapagos turtle, which are huge and live for a long time. I would have loved to speak to George [photo], he was a Galapagos turtle, the last of his particular specie that recently died. He was like 130 years old. I guess I would have loved to talk to him and find out what it was like to go through so many changes in his lifetime.

Jess- Wow!  That’s awesome!


Rachel- Hey Jess, you realize we only have one interview left and so far we’ve had no repeat answers on this question... love it!

Jess- Cool!  Okay Mina, we know it’s not always about reading and writing, we have to do other things sometimes, so, what was the last movie you saw and would you recommend it?

Mina- The Dark Knight Rises, and I totally recommend it! I almost cried a couple of times during the movie, but sucked it up ‘cause I was in company of friends that like to tease, but at the end I just had to excuse myself to the bathroom and shed a few tears. It was sooo good and so freaking amazing, gah! I wanna see it again!




Rachel- Don’t worry darlin’, Albert made me cry too... I was left standing there going, ‘there’s no crying in Batman!’

Jess- Since we’re talking movies, who is your celebrity crush (and you can’t say a Twilight character)?

Mina- I was so close to shouting Peter Facinelli, I’m a Carlisle h00r... but, I have to say that Henry Cavill is my biggest non-Twilight crush. 



That man turns me into mush with one look, and I will forever be thankful to whoever casted that fine man as Duke Charles Brandon in the Tudors series for I was able to ogle that fine man’s naked ass... many times! LOL

Rachel- LOL...awww, sorry we took your Carlisle away, but I have to say your replacement works just fine!  So, we’re curious...if you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be and why? (Again, excluding Twilight)

Mina- Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha. I’ve been asked this before and people always balk at the idea of me wanting to be a geisha, but the general concept people have nowadays about these women is completely WRONG. Read the book, submerge yourself in the culture, then you can tell me if I should reconsider or not, but I know I won’t. The book sucked me in and opened my eyes to an amazing and rich culture that I now love to always find out more about. My copy is so worn out from the many times I have re-read it that I’ve been thinking of getting a hard copy as a self brithday gift.




Rachel- I loved the movie, but haven’t read it as a book.  Will have to give it a try someday.

Jess-  We have another important question for you, Mina.  Are you ready for it?

Mina- Sure, I think?
Jess- What’s the most important part of the sandwich?

Mina- The filling, of course! You gotta have some spicy salsa, a good portion of meat, add some cheese and then take a huge bite out of it! ;)

Rachel- o.O... spicy... meat... huge bite... Yes, my head is in the gutter, deal with it! LOL.

Jess- *rolls eyes* When is your head NOT in the gutter, tb?

Rachel- *giggles and shrugs* Hey, I don’t hear my readers complaining!

Jess-  True that.  Alrighty Mina, final question and then we’ll let everyone get on with their day … What would you do if you had a time machine?

Mina- Go back in time and beg my father to please be more creative with my name. I have my mother’s name and it’s always a mix up all the time when it comes to mail and bills. LOL
It’s one of the reasons I use my nickname now instead of my real name.

Rachel-  And another original answer!  It’s been a pleasure Mina, thank you for joining us.

Jess- Yes, Mina, it’s been fun!

Rachel-  *looks at readers* Why are you still here?  The war is on.... Go. Read.  In Plain Sight is just one of the many great offerings this month!  Be sure to leave the authors some love as you’re reading to say thanks to them for writing for your entertainment...for FREE!

** It’s been awhile since we shared our friendly PSA, and as today launches the war, we thought it would be a good reminder:

PSA: Keep in mind that all participants are amateur writers...real people with real feelings taking time out of their lives to write for your entertainment. While constructive criticism is always appreciated, negativity is not. It's a free world and you are welcome to read whatever suits your fancy...if you are not enjoying what you are reading, please just walk away rather than leave a rude review. Let's keep this fun and friendly for all parties involved!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash