Friday, February 8, 2013

February Drabble Warrior Interview I

Hello Drabble War Lovers!

Here I am, Mina, bringing you the first author interview for this month's Drabble Wars. All the questions were submitted by members of the Drabble Wars Forum on facebook, so if you have a question you would like to ask the authors, come on to the group and let us know!

Now, let's meet the first warrior for this battle of the words... LoopyLou992!




  1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How old are you? Are you married or single? Have any children? Does your family know about your writing?My real name is Louise, but my friends call me Lou, my age *coughs* 21 – nah I am in my 30’s and that’s as much as I am committing to! I am single, and happily so. No children, only two fur babies my Syrian Hamster who were both up for adoption at the pet shop, they are called Pugsley and Dizzy. My mum knows that I write, luckily she has never asked to read any – that could be embarrassing. My sister in law knows and is ultra supportive of me.

  2. How did you discovered fanfiction? What was the fist ff you ever read? Oooh this is a tough one – I think that I was looking for True Blood and remember reading hot featuring Eric and Sookie. I really don’t remember the first Twilight FF that I read I wish hat I did as people seem to remember but I don’t and I wish that I did.

  3. What is your source for inspiration when writing a story? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life? So many sources, it can be as simple as a lyric, a song lots of things, when a bunny bites – they bite!

  4. How do you choose which characters to use in your story especially if it is for OOC (out of character) situation?I just now who will work, it’s strange – you just ‘know’ what will work best.

  5. Have you ever written a story knowing where you want to go with it but not able to get there because the characters went in a different direction? If so, does that change how you feel about the story? Are you mad about the change or happy or indifferent? YES! Hell yes! I have done two competition entries as part of the Slash Writers Workshop and neither of them went the way that I originally planned. The latest one, An Innocent Man, well I don’t want to spoil it if you want to read it, but l will say that wasn’t the ending that I had in mind.

  6. When you write a lemon, what point of view (first/third and guy/girl) is better to write for you and why? I usually do it in first person. When write Edward/Bella I don’t know why but I prefer to write from EPOV, so the lemons are usually from his POV.

  7. What is your favorite genre/category to write in and why? Love angst. Pure and simply as it’s what I love to read. I love it when a story rips my heart out, stamps all over it and then hands it back to me. I have recently started writing slash, and found that I love it. That was a surprise for me and I will continue to write both genres.

  8. What is your favorite pairing to read? Got any drabbles with that pairing you can recommend? (the drabble doesn't have to be a DW entry)
    I am an Edward/Bella gal, but I have a major soft spot for Carlisle too. For drabble recs... Therapy by Slashgal, Tribute by SexyLexiCullen, Picking Up The Pieces by Angela LuvsFanfic are the ones that spring to mind!

  9. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Pairing, Title, Summary, What inspired you to write it. (Please attach a link to your banner or you can upload the banner here in the group)
    My drabble this time was inspired by seeing the River Aire in Leeds where I live and work. One night I was walking to the car after work and listening to Florence and the Machines Heavy In Your Arms, the two spurned a plot bunny ad under 5 minutes later by the time I got to the car I knew the story outline. This is the daytime shot that I captured:


    The story is called: Heavy In Your Arms
    www.fanfiction.net/u/2673837/loopylou992

    Summary: Edward leaves Bella in the woods after breaking her heart. But what happens to him, does he really leave? Unexpected visitors change things for him drastically and he wants nothing more than to right this wrong.
  10. Have you participated in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one?
    Yup, did Septembers and I had such a blast, hence signing up to do this one. I sometimes think that I must be crazy as it’s a very busy three days. You seem to be constantly on Fanfiction and end up shouting and arguing with it I learned that trying to update a drabble while you are babysitting your three young nephews is nearly impossible and requires way too much concentration. This time I will be organised and have all my chapters uploaded ready, and I have the weekend to myself too, not on babysitting duty. PHEW!
Big thanks to LoopyLou for answering this questions, and don't forget to put this amazing author in your alerts so you don't miss out on reading what will be an amazing story.

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave us a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash