Saturday, February 9, 2013

February Drabble Warrior Interview II

Hello Drabble War Lovers!

Mina here again, bringing you the next interview for this month's Drabble Wars. All the questions were submitted by members of the Drabble Wars Forum on facebook, so if you have a question you would like to ask the authors, come on to the group and let us know!

Now, let's meet the second warrior for this battle of the words... ADADancer!



  1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How old are you? Are you married or single? Have any children? Does your family know about your writing?

    Hi! I’m I am nineteen years old and currently working on getting my AA-T program in Psychology and finishing up my general education at the local university. I am single at the moment. My child is a four month old Yorkie, Bailey. She is a little spit fire. Some of my family knows that I write, but I don’t openly share it with them.
  2. How did you discover fanfiction? What was the first ff you ever read?

    I first discovered fan fiction when Twilight first came out. I was very excited to read Midnight Sun and looked it up and it turned out to be someone’s fanfiction version. I started browsing the site more. The first story that really got me hooked to FF was Coming to Terms by GinnyW31.
  3. What is your source for inspiration when writing a story? Music lyrics? Movies? Real life?

    My source for inspiration when writing a story is connecting it to something that has happened in my life or something that I have wondered about. There are little pieces of events that I put in my stories that have happened to me. Music is definitely an influence; I listen to a lot of scores and can be very imaginative.
  4. How do you choose which characters to use in your story especially if it is for OOC (out of character) situation?

    I never really think about choosing characters to use in my stories that are OOC. I kind of start writing and then I decide if they should be OOC or not.
  5. Have you ever written a story knowing where you want to go with it but not able to get there because the characters went in a different direction? If so, does that change how you feel about the story? Are you mad about the change or happy or indifferent?

    Yes, I was really excited to write a story of mine years ago, but the characters felt so awkward and juvenile. It was hard to connect them. I ended up feeling extremely embarrassed about the story and pulled it.
  6. When you write a lemon, what POV (first/third and guy/girl) is better to write for you and why?

    I sometimes feel like the guy is easier to write about. It depends on the lemon. The girl’s point of view is easier to relate to.
  7. What is your favorite genre/category to write in and why?

    I don’t really know. I like to branch out and try different ones from time to time. I really like Romance.
  8. What is your favorite pairing to read? Got any drabbles with that pairing you can recommend? (the drabble doesn't have to be a DW entry)

    I have always read Edward/Bella pairings. I love any of CaraNo’s drabbles. She is a very talented writer.
  9. Tell us about your Drabble War Entry: Fandom, Pairing, Title, and Summary, What inspired you to write it?

    www.fanfiction.net/u/2207394/ADADancer

    Fandom: Twilight

    Pairing: Edward/Bella

    Title: Once Upon Another Escape (Sequel to Swan Escapes)

    Summary: In a perfect world this would have been the perfect weekend getaway, if it wasn’t for my persistent uncle obsessed with my sex life, and my obnoxious mother-in law determined to ruin my marriage.

    This story along with the first one is based on my family escapes. There are a couple things I added, but the majority of the things written in the story are things that actually have happened. It was always a time of the family being all together and having a fun weekend getaway from school and work.
  10. Have you participates in a DW before? If you have, what have you gained from the experience? And if you haven't, will you do it again after this one?

    Yes, I participated in the 2012 October DW. It was definitely a fun and interesting one. I thought it was really neat to post all the chapters by the end of the weekend. I would love to participate in another one in the future.


Big thanks to ADADancer for answering all the questions, and don't forget to put this amazing author in your alerts so you don't miss out on reading what will be an interesting sequel.

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave us a comment below!

1 comments:

Lolo84 said...

Grrr, so I just realized my comments weren't working yesterday!! Anywho! I don't even remember what I said, but Loved Swan Escapes! Can't wait to read this one! :-)

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash