Friday, July 13, 2012

Author Interview with ForWhenImGone!

R- Well, it’s almost time for the war to launch and we have another drabble war newbie in the hot seat!  Please welcome ForWhenImGone *golf claps*

J - Welcome Dez, It’s great to have you here. So, in an attempt to streamline these a little more, we’re going to get the “writing” questions out of the way first... So, inquiring minds want to know: What was the first thing you wrote and when?

D - Hmm, the first thing was a one-shot called “Both Before I'm Gone”. I wrote it right after I discovered fanfic in January. It’s slightly embarrassing, but since it was my baby, I left it posted. It’s about a pre-Cullen’s Alice being “aroused” by a vision of a rogue Edward and thus attacking a human man and making him her supper. One day I may go back and re-write it. I really liked the idea and I would like to try writing a Twilight fanfic with actual vampires in it.

R - That actually sounds original and interesting. I’ll have to check it out!  So, do you write for any other fandoms besides Twilight?

D- No, I don’t think I know enough about other fandoms to possibly write about them.

R- That’s cool, and leads to our next question.  Have you been published? If not, is it something you would like to do?  

D- Published? Pfft. No, but maybe one day, when I can focus enough on a story. I actually have one I’ve been churning in my head for months, but have yet to write it out. Right now I have the plot worked out and am currently working on the character development. If I do get it published, I’ll send everyone a copy.




R- Fantastic!!  And good luck... definitely keep us updated on the progress of that!

J- We def want copies when you make it to the big time... :) But for now, can you tell us about your entry for the Drabble War? Title, pairing, are we going to need kleenex or fresh panties on hand? You know, the juicy stuff!

D-My entry is called Vermilion, it is a short story of a girl in trouble and on the run and the cowboy in a shiny white Stetson that is hell bent on rescuing her. The pairing is Alice and Jasper (of course, I hardly ever stray from them) and as far as tissues or panties... I am afraid I might leave you lacking in that department. It’s going to be just a good ol’ fashioned novella, which is a leap for me. My stories tend to be...what’s the word...peculiar? Yeah, that’s a good word for it. Pec-uuu-lair.





R- Nothing wrong with peculiar... in fact, in my world, that translates to original!  So, on that note, pick up to three stories you’d like to recommend, you know, the ones that always tickle at the back of your head.

D- In fandom it would be... um... bound for glory by wtvoc, Take My Hand by koko23cat, and all time favorites are Sanctuary and River Dam by jennyfly. If you haven’t read them yet, well shame on you, go out and do so.

J- Thanks for the Recs! Now for the good stuff, some silly fun to let us, and your readers, get to really know the person behind the penname... What’s your relationship status and do you have any kiddos?

D- Happily divorced with children (4. Two girls and two boys!). The kids are my sounding board when I write. I ask their  opinion on most of my stories and they are brutally honest. They also inspire a lot. Once, I was writing a story up and the 14yr old yells to his sister (she’s 16) “Go die in a fire!” Without skipping a beat she replies. “Why don’t you go drown in bleach!” That was the day I wrote a torture scene about my protagonist drowning her victim in bleach. I don’t know, the idea just came to me.




R-  LMAO.... that’s priceless! Okay hun, first wacky question... What would your first thought be if you had learnt that you won a lottery?

D- How quickly can I get a name change and a flight to a remote Island? I was asked this before at work and had to bite my tongue so I wouldn’t shout out: “Quit this f*cking job, that’s for sure!” But really, I would most likely give a majority of the money away. As long as I had enough to live comfortably (comfortably meaning a couple nice houses, a few jets, a pool boy in a Speedo) then the rest could be used to help others. Goodness knows I need the brownie points to keep from going to hades. Although, if we listen to the evangelist on TV, hell might be a pretty rocking place.  I imagine it as a crowded rave, filled to the gills with glow-stick shaking homosexuals, headbanging rock stars and the director of A Serbian Film. Not the worst place to be.


R- That has got to be, hands down, the best answer we’ve heard... and the best description of Hell as well!

J- *snickers* at the South Park pic... Onward and upward... (sorry for the lame joke... you know she said Hell... and it’s supposed to be you know... down there... so we’re moving up to the ocean... yea what the fuck ever... just keep reading... ) Dez, how would you react if you were transformed into a fish?

D- Am I a pretty fish or the deadly kind? I would hope to be a man-of-war so I could be both! Their heads are translucent globes, full of the colors of the sunset - royal blue and red-violet - and they look like lilies or lotus floating on the ocean. But their tentacles dangling down below the surface hold some serious poison. So if I were a man-of-war I would be excited to bob around, wait for some unsuspecting leg to tangle myself around and inflict all sorts of pain.




R-  Another fabulous answer... and the imagery you used, almost don’t need the picture, but it’s cool so we’ll keep it in here!  Next question isn’t quite as weird, but it’s random! What do you like to wear when you go to work?

D- I work at a call center ..::sigh::.. and am required to wear “business casual”. Now that it’s hot as heck in Texas, I can break out my summer dresses, put on a little sweater and call it work appropriate.

R- Wait... did I know you were a TX girl too?  Cool.... or not so much, as it is summer... lol.




J- Okay... Dez, are you ready... it’s time for the ‘BIG’ question of the month... Who would win a battle between a ninja and a pirate?

D- Space Pirates or Cyber Ninjas or just the pain old pirates and ninjas? Um... ninja.

R- *pouts* stupid fucking ninjas...

J- *giggles* Yay! for ninjas! *sings* magic, magic ninjas what?!? magic, magic ninjas what?! *stops singing and looks around awkwardly* um... okay... comes back from my ‘Big Money Hustlas’ ICP moment... sorry... wait... I gotta drop this here first tho...


R- *glares at Jess* shut up

J- Just click the video tb... and I dare you not to laugh!

R- Hmmm... wonder why THIS was on the side bar to that video...  On that note, D, tell us three things about yourself that would surprise readers.

J- *giggles* don’t hurt yourself tb... I’d miss you! :P

D-
1.) I tend to exaggerate and run off tangent (that may not actually be a surprise).
2.) I had elective surgery to have my hands removed and must type with my forehead (no, not really)
3.) I’m a snarky bitch =p

R- *rolls outta chair onto floor, dying from laughter* ahem... okay, better now.  Really shouldn’t have Googled “no hands type with forehead”

J- *snickers makes me think of Dane Cook... so here we go... watch this....


(you have to watch from the start point to 7:20)

Speaking of tangents... I’m back now too... now you too, tb... *hauls tb up off the floor* get back here woman.. we’re not done with you yet... WE *points back and forth between myself and tb* have one more question for Dez... *puts on serious face* So Dez, if you were a character from ‘Twilight,’ which one would you be and why?

D- Most people would think I’d choose Alice, but I think I would go with Maria. I like strong female characters and she seemed to be one of the few mentioned in the books (Leah would be another). Maria was smart, independent and knew how to throw her authority around (she also saw that Jasper was a tasty snack and was quick to snatch up his fine southern ass).




R- Nice Cleveland shot there, Jess... hehe.  *high fives Dez for the fine southern ass*  Alrighty darlin’, it truly has been a pleasure having you here with us!  Everyone be sure to follow her profile link at the beginning of the interview and put ForWhenImGone on alert so that you don’t miss any of Vermilion... and don’t forget the other drabbles as well!  Till next time ya’ll...

1 comments:

Lolo84 said...

One of the best DW interviews, Evvvveeeerrr!!!! LOL and yay for Ninja's (Just sayin') Sorry, tb!! *wink*

Post a Comment

 
Design by JA Mash